Written By : Hemanshi Jain , International Marketing
Clothing labels could also be a necessity, but they’re also a chance for designers to market their brand. Your clothing label doesn’t just need to have technical information thereon about materials and temperatures; it is often used as a platform for your brand identity.
At some cases consumers does complain about how labels are annoying and scratchy so they just cut the labels. But keeping the Tags and Logos in every clothes it helps consumer as well as the brand to increase globally.
If we see in today’s era most of the consumer are habitual with environmentally Friendly in nature. The label is usually a small piece of fabric attached in the cloth stating about the brand of the company and the precautions. A good clothing labels tell us about the material used in garment for the buyer whether to buy or not.
The size of label Vary from 20mm-70mm depends upon the requirements how the design they need.
Types of clothing labels :
There are mainly 3 types of clothing labels are: -
1.Information labels: - This type of labels is used to give information about the ingredients and manufacturing process so that it helps consumer to give brief information the company according to his/her needs. For example, if the specific material is blend with Nylon and crepe. Those purchasers who are allergic from Nylon will get to know from the information labels that this not suitable for the future used.
2. Care Labels: - These labels are used for giving information about care instructions related to its maintenance like washing, drying, bleaching, ironing, etc.
3. Brand labels: - Brand labels hold a logo defining the company’s name. These Labels are made creativity by designing, color, pattern and printing because they act as a promotional medium. For example, Levies, Next, etc.
The important types of materials
There are mainly 4 types of material
1. Satin Polyester
This is our most popular material and the one most commonly associated with clothing labels. Satin polyester is a very soft material and is ideally suited for applications where the label will contact skin. The edges are woven while the ends are cut and sealed using our sonic knife, so you won't have to worry about the label unraveling. Labels printed on satin polyester do not fade in a home laundry but we don't recommend them for use in an industrial laundering environment. This material is not coated.
Nylon is thin and light, making it a good general purpose label material. The surface is very smooth so small letters and fine detail will print clearly. The coating on this material keeps it from fraying and holds the ink for added durability. Nylon labels will stand up to a home laundry with ease and will resist fading in an industrial laundry.
3. Coated Polyester
This is a woven material that is coated on both sides to prevent unraveling and to help ink adhesion. Coated polyester is fairly stiff so if you're making baby clothes or lingerie it's probably not what you're looking for. It will survive both home and industrial laundries without trouble and the coating provides a good printing surface. The coating also makes coated polyester labels perfect for writing on (with a laundry pen) which makes this the material of choice for theaters and costume shops.
4. Heat Seal Polyester
Also known as iron-on material, this is the same material as our coated polyester except one side is coated with a heat-activated adhesive. You get the same durability and print quality as coated polyester without the hassle of having to sew your labels in. When applied properly these labels stay attached very, very well.
The choice of the right label will entirely be depended on your requirement.
Advantages and Disadvantages of labels
Advantages of labels are: -
· Provide Identification.
· Provide Description.
· Makes product comparison easy.
· Helps in marketing.
· Makes product Grading Easy.
· Protects customers from getting cheated.
· Provides as per law.
Disadvantages of labels are: -
· Raise the cost for product.
· Not ideal for illiterates.
· Requires standardized product.
If we see advantages and disadvantages according to tags and labels that are: -
1. Woven labels: - your labels won’t fade, Textured products, High-end professional appearance. But it doesn’t suit in all style.
2. Printed labels: - Easily go on the inside of all the garments and cost-effective type of label. But might not cause comfort.
3. Heat press labels: - Cannot be felt inside the garments and minimal friction. But colors might fade over times.
4. Hang tags: - More detail can be written, Adding extra information but not directly attached to the product and cannot be used in long-term.
Types of Fold
There are 5 types of fold which are commonly seen in both woven and printed labels: -
1. Flat labels: - Basically these labels lie flat on your products, creating a sharp, crisp edge. They are commonly used for size tags/ brand labels positioned inside the collar of garments.
2. End fold labels: -End fold labels are like flat labels, but feature an extra 7mm seam allowance added to both the edge, creating a clean finish and allowing the label to make more of a statement.
3. Center fold labels: - The top and bottom of the labels are both sealed and folded across the Centre. This gives you space to add extra information to your label such as care instruction, laundry symbols, country of manufacture or types of material used to make the product.
4. Book fold labels (hem tags): - It is a central fold, but the seam allowance is folded inward. It is commonly placed on sleeves. This type of label is very popular as it’s an easiest kind of label to attach to ready- made garments. As the logo can be seen both the sides of the label if you wish, or you even have the possibility of putting a different logo on each side. It is a great for advertising or trying to get more people to notice your logo on each side.
5. Mitre fold labels: - It has a feature ends that have been turned over and up at 90-degree angle. It is a less common option; Because, it makes it easy for you to hang your product from the label if you wish to! But only do that if your product is light in weight, otherwise it’s going to cause the label to tear. Mitre fold labels can sometimes cause discomfort to sensitive skin, as they stick out and rub the foremost out of all the kinds of labels.
Senmorta Fashion is one of the leading and emerging manufacturer and exporter of Garment labels. For any labels related query or inquiry or to get free sample made feel free to email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp at +91-9328202013